Does your bladder seem to betray you by asking for relief in the middle of movies? Does it seem like you’re always the first to request a potty stop on a road trip? Do you leak with coughing, sneezing or exercise? Do you get that "gotta go" and sometimes not make it to the toilet on time? Want to learn more about how bladder issues can relate to sexual dysfunction and back and lower body aches?
Are you hoping to reduce or avoid incontinence products, medication, or surgery? Maybe you've already tried several options and haven't found the relief you've been looking for! Perhaps you just want some practical, actionable everyday tips and practices to implement to get on your way to healing!
If you can identify, you'll LOVE this course! I've been offering it live, gotten some great feedback and had so many folks interested who weren't able to attend live, or who are in other locations, so now being offered online with new, improved and expanded content! Here's what we'll be covering throughout the course!
- Getting on the Same Page: Terms, Stats, and a Basic Anatomy Lesson
- Oldies but Goodies: Better Bladder Habits and Why They Don't Always Apply
- Why Kegels Aren't (Necessarily) the Answer and What You Can Do Instead
- Movement Matters: Posture, Everyday Activities and Exercise and How They Can Affect Your Bladder and Pelvic Floor
- Internal Support: Fascia, Pressure and Position
- Food as Medicine: Nourishment That Supports Magical Poops and Happy Bladders
- Stress and Real Life: The HPA Axis and Why It Matters to your Bladder
- Sleep, Airway and Healing: Guest Interview with Paige Raffo, PT, OCS, PYT
- External Support: Choosing Your Personal and Professional Team
- Admittance to an (optional) secret Facebook group for camaraderie and discussion
- Informational handouts and Exercises/"Assignments" to help guide your journey
- Discounts on recommended extra credit from Shelly Prosko, PT PYT CPI and Julie Wiebe, PT
What have some of the prior live participants said about past iterations of Befriend Your Bladder?
"I would totally recommend this! I really liked the balance - some time spent explaining and discussing, and some time spent doing different exercises, with time in between sessions to observe and try out new solutions. I really appreciated the safe and respectful environment, the candid but also sensitive explanations and answers, and the overall positive and encouraging atmosphere. I have more insight into issues and strategies to improve my situation. More than worth the money!!"
"Stefanie is very engaging. She presents sensitive subject matter with gentleness and dignity that is authentic and engaging. I understand this was in introductory class. Given the personal nature and potential for trauma stored in the pelvic floor, I felt that Stefanie struck the perfect balance between depth and keeping a safe container that prevented individuals from getting triggered in class, needing attention that would need to be more focused on their specific circumstances. I am more interested in working one on one with her at this time."
Befriend Your Bladder is currently offered as rolling/anytime enrollment. You do NOT have to tune in at a specific time for any of the modules. You will have a minimum of three (3) months after enrollment to complete the material.